YOUR MEMBERSHIP HELPS US PROMOTE AND ENHANCE THE
ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AND CIVIC WELLBEING OF OUR COMMUNITIES
On this page you will find our bylaws, membership form and fee structure plus a board nomination form in PDF.
Why should you become a member?
- Your membership helps us promote and enhance the economic, social, and civic well-being of our communities from West Ship Harbour to the Musquodoboit Harbour / Gaetz Brook western boundary.
- Investing in a membership also gives you a voice in the future of your community by allowing full voting privileges. (Note that youth memberships, under 18 years of age, are non-voting)
- Members receive information email updates about what the MHACCCA is working on.
Types of annual memberships
Membership categories include groups such as Businesses, Clubs, Groups, Societies or Associations or Individuals, and we welcome anyone who is directly or indirectly interested in trade, commerce, or the economic and social well-being of the area.
Individual, business and group memberships are each given one vote, and that person (or representative of a business or group) must reside (civic address) in the Musquodoboit Harbour and surrounding area as defined in the Halifax Regional Municipality for Eastern Shore West plan area. Memberships are valid for a full calendar year from January through December.
Annual Membership Fees
- Youth (under 18): $15.00 (Non Voting)
- Student: $15.00 (Under age 18)
- Senior Citizen: $15.00 (Age 65+)
- Individual: $25.00 (Age 18 – 64)
- Non Resident: $50.00 (Residing less than 180 days at civic address in our area)
- Associations: $50.00 (Groups, Clubs, Societies, Associations)
- Business: $150.00 (Business Enterprises of any type or size)
Membership form and instructions
Download the MHACCCA membership form.
Enclose form along with your payment (cheque or money order) payable to the Musquodoboit Harbour & Area Chamber of Commerce & Civic Affairs.
Mail to: MHACCCA
P.O. Box 213,
Nova Scotia, Canada,
Membership benefits of the MHACCCA
Your Chamber of Commerce & Civic Affairs:
- provides a powerful voice on behalf of the community; it speaks out on issues such as taxes, transportation and education that affect you. As a member of your local Chamber you make that voice even stronger to speak on your behalf.
- is a voluntary business organization, supported by its member firms to promote the areas economic growth and development.
- enables businessmen and businesswomen, groups, associations and individuals to accomplish collectively what no one of them could do individually, creating a pool of resources from which one can draw ideas, energy, and finances.
- is a resource of information and services for the business community and the region that it serves. Many businesses both small and large support the Chamber because it is simply good business.
The MHACCCA is guided by its Membership
Our bylaws are available as well as our board nomination form. Click to download forms:
Board Members of the MHACCCA
The MHACCCA Board of Directors is presently comprised of members representing our communities from West Ship Harbour to the Gaetz Brook line. Board Members serve a two year term and are from the following communities:
- Lake Charlotte
- West Ship Harbour
- Ostrea Lake
- Musquodoboit Harbour
- Oyster Pond